ESSENTIAL OILS – THE MISSING LINK
Essential oils, known as nature’s living energy, are the natural, aromatic volatile liquids found in shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. The distinctive components in essential oils defend plants against insects, environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Essential oils are extracted from aromatic plant sources via steam distillation, and are highly concentrated and far more potent than dry herbs.
While essential oils often have a pleasant aroma, their chemical makeup is complex and their benefits vast—which makes them much more than something that simply smells good.
Historically, essential oils have played a prominent role in everyday life. With more than 200 references to aromatics, incense, and ointments throughout the Bible, essential oils are said to be used for anointing and healing the sick. Today, essential oils are used for aromatherapy, massage therapy, emotional health, personal care, nutritional supplements, household solutions, and much more.
Young Living Essential Oils, the leading provider of essential oils, offers more than 300 essential oil singles and blends. All Young Living essential oils meet the YLTG standard. This means that every essential oil Young Living distills or sources has the optimal naturally-occurring blend of constituents to maximize the desired effect. Only YLTG essential oils should be used for the primary methods of application, which include inhalation and application.
Massage Therapy and Essential Oils
Touch, body work, and massage have many positive effects on the muscle, joint, circulatory, and other body systems, and when combined with massage essential oils create a relaxing, luxurious experience that balances the mind, body, and spirit.
Offering only the purest, most potent natural properties from each plant source, Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ (YLTG) essential oils contain the optimum level of therapeutic constituents for the most beneficial massage results.
Massage Therapy for Improved Health and Wellness
Massage therapy—the treatment and practice of soft tissue manipulation with physical, functional, and psychological goals—involves massaging a person’s body in a way that increases overall wellness. Targeted pressure on the body is usually applied with hands and elbows and is said to have numerous health benefits.
Massage therapy dates back more than 3,000 years. Used by the Chinese, Hindus, Egyptians, Persians, and ancient Greeks, the therapeutic benefits of various types of massage have been documented for centuries.
The Science of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy has been shown to have a wide array of benefits. From anxiety reduction and pain relief to improved circulation, the therapeutic effects of touch promote all aspects of wellness. Essential oils further support the benefits of massage therapy by enabling targeted aromatic and topical relief. Certain oil collections, like Young Living’s Raindrop Technique®, combine the art of aromatherapy with the techniques of Vita Flex—rolling and releasing motions that activate the reflex points—and massage.
Topical application of these specific oils to various areas of the body brings balance and harmony while fostering a truly holistic wellness experience. Here are some commonly used techniques for self-massage:
- Head massage: Rub essential oils into the base of the skull, the crown of the head, or on the temples in a circular motion.
- Face massage: Place a few drops of essential oils onto your hands and rub them together. Lightly cup your face in your hands; the warmth of your hands and aroma of the oils will aid in relaxation.
- Jaw massage: Rub 1–2 drops of oil into the soft spot just below your ear lobe to release tension.
- Torso massage: For a quick energy boost rub oils into the area above the kidneys.
- Foot massage: There are many pressure points in the feet that correspond to other body systems. Rubbing the soles of the feet with essential oils is a great way to release tension.
Young Living’s Most Popular Products for Massage Therapy
- Raindrop® Technique: Combines the art of aromatherapy with the techniques of Vita Flex and massage.
- Valor®: Empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the body.
- Peppermint: Excellent for relaxing tense muscles.
- Lavender: Relaxing oil that is renowned for its skin-enhancing benefits.
- White Angelica™: Helps ward off negative energy.
- Relaxation™ Massage Oil: Promotes relaxation and restores vitality to body, mind, and spirit.
- Sensation Massage™: Can help stimulate romantic feelings.
- Cel-Lite Magic™: Tones and nourishes the skin.
- Ortho Ease®: Soothes and warms tired or stressed bodies.
- Ortho Sport®: Provides relief to tired muscles.
- V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex : Used to dilute essential oils and create custom massage oils.
Regular Cleansing with
Essential Oil-Enhanced Supplements
Cleansing is an excellent way to get a jump-start on a healthy diet. Experts suggest that participating in a mild nutrient and fiber-rich cleanse four times a year allows your digestive system to take a break from the high-calorie, low-nutrient diet typical of many people. As little as five days spent on a gentle cleansing program like Young Living’s 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse™ can eliminate junk food cravings while cleaning out any residual waste.
5-Day Nutritive Cleanse
Young Living’s 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse comes with everything you need to gently and effectively rid your body of built-up toxins. This mild program utilizes three key products: Digest + Cleanse™, Balance Complete™, and NingXia Red®.
- Digest + Cleanse™: Reduces the digestive discomfort and bloating that sometimes accompanies high-fiber cleansing.
- Balance Complete™: Great-tasting, high-fiber meal replacement.
- NingXia Red®: Nutrient-infused wolfberry drink designed to energize, fortify, and replenish your body.
Young Living’s Most Popular Products for Cleansing
- 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse™: Facilitates gentle and effective cleansing to improve overall health and well-being.
- Life 5™: Probiotic that builds and restores core intestinal health.
- Di-Gize™: Provides valuable aid for digestive concerns.
Healthy Weight Management with
Essential Oil Supplements
Proper nutrition is a vital component of healthy weight management. Many individuals find it difficult to maintain an ideal weight and often turn to fad diets to shed unwanted pounds. The problem with most diets is that they are difficult to follow and, once finished, people often revert back to bad habits.
The only way to effectively maintain a healthy weight is by continually evaluating dietary choices and incorporating weight-management guidelines into our daily routine.
Using a nutrient-dense, essential oil-infused meal replacement, like Young Living’s Balance Complete™, Power Meal™, or Pure Protein Complete™ is an excellent way to manage weight without leaving the body deprived of essential vitamins and minerals.
The Value of Meal Replacements
Meal replacements are nutrient-dense formulations that, when substituted for one or more of an individual’s daily meals, can support weight management. An easy solution for cutting calories without compromising vitamin and mineral intake, meal replacements are an easy way to incorporate healthy choices into daily routines.
Young Living’s Most Popular Products for Healthy Weight Management
- Balance Complete: A superfood-based meal replacement that is both a powerful nutritive energizer and a cleanser.
- NingXia Red®: Nutrient-infused wolfberry drink that will energize, fortify, and replenish your body.
- Power Meal: Rice-based meal replacement, rich in calcium, antioxidants, and amino acids, that delivers 20 grams of protein per serving.
- Wolfberry Crisp™ Bars: High-quality source of protein.
- YL Manna Bars—Apple-Cinnamon and Apricot: Snacks bars full of natural favors, nutrient-rich whole foods, and essential oils.